The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 created the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant Program or 教授予, which awards grants to students who intend to teach.
The 教授予 recipient’s obligation is to serve as a highly qualified, full-time teacher in a high-need subject area for at least four years within eight years of finishing the program at a school serving low-income students/families.
Recipients who do not complete their teaching obligation will have to 偿还 the 教授予s as if the grants were a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan, with interest accruing from the time the grant was disbursed.
学生 Eligibility Requirements
To receive a 教授予 you 必须:
- 做一个U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Meet the eligibility requirements for Federal Title IV Aid
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree program in the School of Education (TEACH LSUS and EDD students do not qualify for the 教授予.)
- Must be enrolled in coursework necessary to begin a career in teaching
- Must be enrolled at least half-time:
- 本科= 6学时
- Traditional Graduate = 6 hours
- Accelerated Online Graduate = 3 hours per session
- Entering freshmen 必须 have a 3.25 high school GPA; First-semester graduate students 必须 have an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.25; Continuing undergraduate and graduate students 必须 have a 3.25 cumulative GPA throughout your academic program for which you receive a 教授予
- Recipients of the 教授予 必须 完成一个 four-year teaching commitment within eight years of completing their program.
- Teaching service 必须 be performed in a high-need field, as designated by the 教育部, at an elementary or secondary school serving low-income students.
- Recipients 必须 完成一个nd fulfill the terms of the Agreement to Serve (ATS), which outlines the specific service requirements and consequences for not completing them.
- Recipients are required to provide annual documentation to the 教育部, verifying their teaching service.
- Recipients that do not fulfill their service obligation, the 教授予 will be converted into a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan. Interest will be retroactively charged from the date the grant funds were disbursed.
- Converted loans 必须 be repaid to the U.S. 教育部. Standard loan 偿还ment terms and conditions apply.